AutorunCheck Desktop Edition
AutorunCheck Desktop Edition is a system diagnostic software tool designed to expedite the process of identifying and verifying persistence mechanisms in Microsoft Windows PCs. This tool was created to facilitate the jobs of system support professionals and malware forensics investigators and it offers product features beyond what is available from the AutorunCheck Snapshot Edition.
The additional features provided by the Desktop Edition on the system installed.
- Snapshot target: live system and any Shadow copy of the local system drive.
- Snapshot Comparison: between any Autorun snapshot taken locally and/or from a different system
- Snapshot History: Autorun change history that have been made to any and all Autorun entries which enables quick discovery for unwanted changes made by potentially malicious software on the local system.
- Timline/History Search: Any suspicious Autorun entry can be traced to all the changed events of a system Snapshot history
- export to XML based snapshot and/or individual Autorun setting entries and can be converted easily to openIOC format for sharing with cyber security professionals.
Please see the AutorunCheck Forensic Edition if you would like to perform the above features on a “cloned drive” as is required by the Forensic Investigations.
Supported Windows Operating Systems:
- Microsoft® Windows® XP SP2/Vista/7/8/10 Technical Preview
- Microsoft® Windows® Server 2003 R2 / 2008 R2 / 2012 R2
Additional Requirements: Internet connection for evaluating Autorun entries with the Autorun Setting Repository
Version 1.0.1 General Release[vcex_spacing size=”30px”]